This is for those who love watching the sun transcend down the skyline.
One of the best thing about sunsets is that there are no two similar ones. And what better way to witness – and celebrate – that than by taking in as many sunsets as possible in different places around the world.
Lensbest, an Eyewear specialist based in Germany, wants to help you with that quest. They sent a questionnaire to travel journalists hailing from 46 countries across the globe. The respondents were asked to give their opinion on the best spot to view a sunset in both their home country, as well as in those they’d visited around the world. The best seasons to catch these sunsets are also taken into consideration.
Over 600 global locations were nominated. The answers were then compiled and refined using a score-based system into a final shortlist of the 100 best places to watch a sunset worldwide according to travel journalists.
And they are:
1. Santorini during Summer
2. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona during Summer
3. Mykonos during Spring or Summer
4. Taj Mahal, Agra during Spring
5. Madeira during Spring
6. Uluru, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park during Autumn
7. St Pete Beach, Florida during Spring
8. Maasai Mara National Reserve during Summer
9. Phi Phi
10. Tahiti during Summer or Winter
And should you need more places to visit – because, why not – here are 10 other places to visit:
11. Jebel Akhdar, Al Hajar Mountains during Spring or Winter
12. Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve during Summer or Winter
13. Piazzale Michelangelo, Florence during Spring
14. Matterhorn during Winter
15. Uluwatu Temple, Bali
16. Angkor Wat, Siem Reap
17. Ipanema Beach, Rio de Janeiro during Summer or Autumn
18. Mallory Square, Key West during Winter
19. El Nido, Palawan during Summer
20. Ponte dell’Accademia, Venice during Spring