Here are UNRESERVED’s news highlights from the last #7days.
23/08/2020 – 29/08/2020
1) TikTok chief Kevin Mayer quits company.
2) Aveva buys OSIsoft for US$5bn as virus fuels software demand.
3) New Zealand mosque gunman jailed for life.
4) Bolt’s agent confirms sprinter’s positive coronavirus test.
5) Djokovic shrugs off injury to win NY opener.
16/08/2020 – 22/08/2020
1) Study: Greenland ice melting past ‘tipping point’.
2) Airbnb files for initial public offering.
3) Apple hits US$2 trillion even as US stocks retreat from records.
4) Thailand’s economy shrinks most in more than 20 years.
5) Nazi-looted French painting on display in search for rightful owner.
10/08/2020 – 15/08/2020
1) Singapore founder’s grandson to pay fine for Facebook post.
2) Indonesia’s Mt. Sinabung blasts tower of smoke and ash into sky.
3) Malaysian ex-finance minister and his wife face graft charges.
4) Thai pro-democracy rally attracts thousands as discontent swells.
5) New Trump book to reveal letters with Kim Jong-un.
02/08/2020 – 08/08/2020
1) Trump gives TikTok six weeks to sell itself to US company.
2) Lebanon blast killed at least 137 with over 5,000.
3) Virus-hit Philippine economy plunges into recession.
4) Nintendo reports bumper US$1 billion net profit in first quarter.
5) Golden Globes voters hit with antitrust lawsuit.
27/07/2020 – 01/08/2020
1) 1MDB Trial: Najib guilty on all seven counts.
2) Shell dives to US$18.1 billion in Q2 loss on virus-hit oil market.
3) Huawei overtakes Samsung as top smartphone seller.
4) Air Jordan sneakers expected to set new record for sports shoe.
5) Klopp named LMA Manager of the Year
20/07/2020 – 26/07/2020
1) UK suspends extradition treaty with Hong Kong
2) Bauer Media shuts down eight magazines in Australia
3) Tesla reports surprise profit despite COVID-19 upheaval
4) China to launch Mars probe in space race with US
5) Virus vaccine key for Olympics go-ahead in 2021 says Tokyo chief