Catch up with the last 7 days of culture, life and current affairs with UNRESERVED. Here are the week’s stories in bite-sized segments that will keep you up to date and in the know.
Here are UNRESERVED’s news highlights from the last #7days.
30/06/19 – 05/07/19
1. Hong Kong leader condemns “extremely violent” protests.
2. Myanmar to send envoys to Rohingya camps in Bangladesh.
3. Embattled Boeing to give US$100 million to 737 MAX crash victims’ families.
4. Saudi Arabia raises US$3.4 billion in debut eurobond issue.
5. Disney’s live-action Little Mermaid to star a black Ariel.
23/06/19 – 29/06/19
1. Drone sightings disrupt Singapore flights.
2. Indonesia on high security as court sets to rule on election-rigging claims.
3. US FAA: Boeing must address new issue on 737 MAX.
4. Heatwave in Europe set to intensify.
5. Dutchman swims epic ice-skating course threatened by climate change.
6. Instagram chief insists it doesn’t spy on users.
17/06/19 – 22/06/19
1. MH17: From plane crash to murder charges.
2. Ousted Egyptian president dies after falling ill in court.
3. UN expert: “Credible evidence” linking Saudi crown prince to Khashoggi murder.
4. Huawei phone sales plunge.
5. Lagerfeld’s Chanel made US$11 billion in his final year.
9/06/19 – 16/06/19
1. The race to replace UK’s May kicks off.
2. China extradition clashes plunge Hong Kong into historic violence.
3. 26 people wounded as missile hits Saudi airport.
4. Badminton star Lee Chong Wei retires.
5. About 45 tonnes of recycled plastic needed for Tokyo 2020 Olympic podiums.
31/05/19 – 08/06/19
1. Trump threatens to hit China with more tariffs.
2. China grants 5G commercial licences despite US tech battle.
3. Fire rages at Thailand’s Chatuchak market.
4. Fiat Chrysler slams brakes on Renault merger offer.
5. Apple iTunes to play last song.
6. 99 Problems but being hip-hop’s first billionaire ain’t one for Jay-Z.
Related: #7DAYS May 2019.