Here are UNRESERVED’s news highlights from the last 7 days:
23/3/2020 – 27/3/2020
1. China to lift travel curbs on Hubei province, including Wuhan.
2. Singapore GDP shrinks most since financial crisis amid pandemic.
3. Tokyo begins Olympic task of reorganising Games.
4. Thailand bars entry as state of emergency bites.
5. Dutch state must pay damages for Indonesia colonial killings.
6. Woody Allen memoir released by new publisher after protests.
16/3/2020 – 20/3/2020
1. Muhyiddin urges Malaysians to follow restriction rules.
2. Philippine stocks plunge nearly 25% after virus trading halt.
3. Virus keeps 500 million people home around the world.
4. Celebrities hit by COVID-19.
5. Tourist-free Venice canals become crystal clear.
9/3/2020 – 13/3/2020
1. UMNO figures make comeback in Malaysian cabinet.
2. Italy under lockdown amid COVID-19 crisis.
3. WHO labels COVID-19 a ‘pandemic’ as Europe scrambles to contain it.
4. Dutch king apologises for violence during Indonesian independence war.
5. Asia stocks sink after US bans Europe travel on virus.
6. Tom Hanks in hospital after testing positive for COVID-19.
7. Harvey Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in jail.
2/3/2020 – 6/3/2020
1. New PM Muhyiddin Yassin says he was no “traitor” after political turmoil.
2. Indonesia confirms first coronavirus cases.
3. Italy closes sports events to fans until April over virus fears.
4. UN: Singaporean Daren Tang elected to head global patent agency.
5. No Time To Die for Covid-19 outbreak as latest Bond film is delayed on virus fears.