The wait is over and it has been confirmed: Ichiran Ramen is finally coming to Kuala Lumpur.
From 13 to 23 March, 2020, the cult favourite ramen chain will be having a pop-up in Isetan KLCC. Regarded as ‘the best ramen in the world’ by many, this is the first time ever Ichiran Ramen has decided come over Malaysia.
Before you set out to have a taste of Japan in the heart of KL, there are a few things to note. Namely:
- 1. The ramen experts would be featuring a 100% tonkotsu-free version – meaning it’s highly likely that the broth would not be made from pork marrow or bone.
- 2. Like its Japanese outlets, Ichiran Ramen would also be recreating their famous Ramen Focus Booths to truly enjoy an authentic Ichiran experience.
- 3. You should be prepared to line up. The space in Isetan KLCC is limited – we imagine it fitting approximately six diners at a go, based on past events and experiences. So just a heads up that you might have to wait for a bowl, or just plan your meal at an odd hour. It’s all about timing, folks.
- 4. There will only be 500 bowls daily, and it is a first come first served basis. And operation time is from 11:00 to 20:00, with the last order at 19:30. However, on the last day, it will only be serving until 18:00.
- 5. Diners will be receiving a souvenir box, but there’s only limited quantity per day. So, good luck!
That’s all we know so far but we’re sure there will be more updates nearer to the pop-up. Fingers crossed it’ll taste as good as the original restaurants in Japan.