Ever felt guilty about leaving your dog or cat at home while you’re out hitting the clubs? Well, Spotify has a solution so you can keep your conscience clear. The music steaming giant allows pet-owners to create specially curated playlists based on the personality of their furry friends.
Spotify developed this playlist as a result of the strong numbers which illustrates how paw parents relate music to their ‘kids’. 71% of pet owners have played music for their pets and 8 in 10 believe their pets like music. Additionally, 69% of owners also sing to their pets.
Here’s how to create a personalized playlist for your pet:
1. Go to Pet Playlists on the Spotify website.
2. Select your pet – choose from a cat, dog, iguana, hamster or bird.
3. Then choose the traits that best describe your pet’s personality. Choices include relaxed, energetic, shy or friendly. Next, Spotify will sync those choices with your own taste in music.
4. Upload your pet’s photo and add your pet’s name.
5. Finally, share your pet playlist and feel less guilty the next time you leave your pets at home.
Meanwhile, for those of you who prefer hitting the gym with your pets, check out Michelle Obama’s workout playlist.