Why the need for another travel awards ceremony? Editors at the travel publication say theirs is not meant to be the “Academy Awards of Aviation” or the Grammy awards of travel, but rather a recognition of the companies and individuals that make travel “a little bit better.”
“We wanted to answer useful questions, but also keep it light,” editors say. That means highlighting traditional winners like the best international airline (Emirates) and the best airline in the US (Delta Air Lines), but also creating useful and fun categories that take into account different travel needs.
For instance, with more legroom and a larger seat width than the industry average, JetBlue is given the title of the best airline for plus-sized and long-legged fliers, while American Airlines’ “Cuddle Class” – a special cabin cubicle in front of the plane – is the top airline for pets. When it comes to best travel tech and gear, luggage brand Away takes the title of best suitcase, while Sennheiser is named best headsets, and PackPoint, which helps travellers decide what to pack based on destination, weather and travel type (business or leisure), the best travel app.
Here are a few other notable winners:
1. Best US airline: Delta Air Lines.
2. Best international airline: Emirates.
3. Best for plus-sized fliers: JetBlue.
4. Best for budget bougie experience: Norwegian Air.
5. Best for sleep: JetBlue Mint.
6. Best for foodies: Japan Airlines.
7. Best airport: Singapore Changi Airport.
8. Best for shopping: London Heathrow.
9. Best for foodies: Newark Liberty International Airport.
10. World’s worst airport: Los Angeles International Airport.
11. Best suitcase and carry-on luggage: Away.
12. Best headsets: Sennheiser.
13. Best travel app: PackPoint.
14. Best travel camera: Pixel 3.
15. Best luxury cruise: Crystal Cruises.
16. Best budget cruise: Carnival Cruise Line.
17. Best booze cruise: Norwegian Cruise Line.
18. Best campiest cruise: U by Uniworld Drag Cruise.
Source: AFP Relax News